More than 30 million people in the United States have diabetes, which is about 1 in 10, and most of them, almost 90-95%, have a type 2 diabetes. Type 2 diabetes has always been common among people over age 45 but recently it has been developing in children and young adults as well.
You can manage your diabetes and live a long and healthy life by taking care of yourself each day.
Diabetes can affect almost every part of your body. Therefore, you will need to manage your blood glucose levels, also called blood sugar. Managing your blood glucose, as well as your blood pressure and cholesterol, can help prevent the health problems that can occur when you have diabetes.
Managing diabetes will lead to a healthy life, this essentially happens only after you take care of yourself. Diabetes is a disease that can have its effects on any part of the body. It's imperative, therefore, to manage blood pressure, cholesterol levels and blood glucose levels.
Here are 6 ways how one can manage Type 2 Diabetes
1. Healthy Eating and Activity Plan
2. Using Insulin syringe, pen or pump if advised by the healthcare provider
3. Checking up on wounds or cuts
4. Regular check-up of blood sugar levels
5. Storing diabetes supplies to ensure continuity of medication to successfully manage this chronic condition
6. Stress Management!